[pct-l] acceptable language...a side story

sabra985 sabra985 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:42:33 CST 2012

One of my favorite moments on the trail last year (and perhaps...you had to
be there):

I do my best to be kind and respectful to the people I meet along the trail
(and off it, too), whether they are day hikers, thru-hikers, trail
angels...etc., assuming, of course, that they treat me with the same.
I remember being in Mojave, on the balcony of the motel. Looking down, I
waved at the hiker below me on the lawn and said without a trace of the
sarcasm you might expect in the off-trail world, "Good morning, Jackass!"
It's not a sentence one would usually say so pleasantly :)

~evenstar