[pct-l] illegal copies of ANYthing, oh, and YOGI

Robert William firstlastword at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:15:02 CST 2012

Georgi Heitman writes:
> Anything else out there was at that time openly called 'The Book of Lies'.

That phrase was coined and propagated by Yogi when referring to the WP
Guidebooks. How convenient. Yogi used that term many times in her
journals.

Georgi also writes:
> Be aware that her friends on this trail are legion, she and her right to copyright will be defended
> again and again from Mexico to Canada

That sounds like a threat. If you encounter any funny business be sure
to post your experience on all the PCT lists, forums, etc. We'll
validate it and make sure the word gets out....again and again.

What is a 'Yogi'?

Yogi is a cartoon character who is endlessly trying to steal from
unsuspecting picnic'ers or deceive Mr. Ranger.

Who would want to reflect themselves in that light? A theif and cheat?
Yes, Yogi chose her own trail name.

Yogi is clever. She collects information from others, packages it and
sells it back to hikers. Even the trail mileages belong to someone
else. In the process the unwitting folks she collects info from become
part of her 'fan club', perpetually promoting the idea that Yogi's
pre-packaged 'how to hike my hike' is the end all, be all of trip
prep. Yogi cherry-picks the info from her contributor questionairre
that is aligned with her thinking and tosses the rest. "This book is
by many hikers". Yeah right. The kool-aid is sweet.

For $39.95 you can be a successful throughhiker just like Yogi.

Yogi's latest book in PDF format IS available on the web. You know
where to find it, right?

rw