[pct-l] All those nice people...

Douglas Tow douglastow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 19:42:26 CST 2012

Good afternoon!

I cannot imagine what my PCT experience would have been without Yogi's
books, except that I probably would be dead, maimed, or still lost.

No one would say one tiny negative word about the Heitmans if they knew the
true life-sustaining generousity of them and many others so situated.
That's like saying the Saufleys throw up a few tents and run a few
washerloads of laundry, fishing for compliments and the odd $20 bill.
Sheesh.

As for Bobby-boy, he needs to plan to hike without stopping at angel stops,
without sending resupply boxes to non-post-office drops that don't charge,
without taking anything out of a hiker box, without free maps or GPS
waypoints.  And he should announce who he is to each person he passes on
the trail, so that he can tout his kind and brave wisdom.

We really do want to know that it's you, Bob.

Doug