[pct-l] Giardia

Gail Francis gailmfrancis at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 1 12:10:47 CST 2012

Thanks everyone for all the advice and feedback. I will definitely go ahead and make sure I get the stuff taken care of so as not to infect the backcountry. And as to the person that is headed to South America, I don't think you need to take flagyl with you. I've traveled a lot and through being careful what I eat and drink I almost always avoid even slight intestinal problems. This last time I got a little cocky about all my past luck and became a little lax. But if you do catch something, you can always get it treated when you come back. Also, many of the things you might catch are actually bacteria rather than protozoa, so flagyl may or may not be the right course of action.

gmf

---
http://gmfranci.wordpress.com/