[pct-l] Your Top 10 Hiking Songs

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Jan 1 17:46:40 CST 2012

That totally makes sense. For lots of things besides just music.
Whenever I used Burts Bees honey chapstick I'm instantly back on the
PCT. Whenever I hear a raven I'm instantly on the PCT. Certain plant
smells also instantly take me back.

I didn't bring any musical listening devices on the trail and ended
up listening to ear worms. Around Oregon or so the ear worms reduced
themselves to a generous helping of Dan Fogelberg, Pachelbel's Cannon
(both those seemed to match my walking speed plus Pachelbel's Cannon
has a sort of never-ending round and round quality to it if you can't
remember how the whole thing goes) and a couple bits and pieces of
other tunes I couldn't quite remember.

The only potential problem I can see with using a radio is that when
I drive up I5 or 395 in California, after a while there's only
Mexican oompah pah music, country western and Christian country
western. I don't like any of those.