[pct-l] Section from Snoqualmie Pass to Canada next July

Tom Griffin griffin at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 2 10:14:42 CST 2012

I have to agree with Hiking Irish and Eric. The best plan is to delay your start until late July, when you can count on the snow to be mostly gone. This is some of the best scenery on the entire PCT, so go when you will be able to enjoy it.

Tom "Bullfrog" Griffin
Seattle

    I would have to agree with Eric. It all depends on the type of snow
    year we are having.
    So far it looks like it might emulate last year and if it does then
    you will be starting to
    early. Late heavy snow in February and March with a cool spring and
    little snow melt
    left the trail almost unpassable in places.

    Hiking Irish.