[pct-l] Lone Pine to Ashland - Hike Whitney or not?

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:28:11 CST 2012

Dear Anthony

Many people put their backpack at the junction of Mt.Whitney and Trail
Crest. In my 2010 summer record, I reached 6:30am at this junction
from Guitar Lake, put my huge backpack, went to Mt. Whitney with a
tiny summit push pack, reached at 8:00 am with slow pace. I returned
to the junction at 9:45. So, It takes around 3 hours to go to and
return from Mt.Whitney. My backpack was safe. No one want to steal any
stuff, because of the thin air. You need to carry only valuables to
the summit.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )