[pct-l] Which section of PCT would be a right choice for 10 days trekking with 13 old child?

Michal Szymanski szymanskim at datera.pl
Tue Jan 3 12:40:20 CST 2012

Sorry if you get this email several times but I had some problems with
my email server.
-----
Hi,
In July, I intend to organize trekking on selected part of PCT or John
Muir Trail  together with my 13 year old daughter. I would like to ask
you which route and which segment of the route you suggest? During the
route selection I have to remember about these: \
- we would like spend 10 days  on the trail
- my daughter is very fit but day distances should not be too long
- it would be good if the starting and ending point is easy to achieve
via public transportationt
(maybe it is good idea to start from Yosemite Valley because I need to
borrow bear canister)
- beautiful landscapes are important for us (and I would like to see
Yosemity) but we do not want to go in the crowd (we prefer rather remote
places to camp)
- it would be good if the there is one resupply point in the middle of
route – I will carry most of our equipment.

BTW. What are the chances to get thruhike permission for July?

Michał Szymański
http://blog.szymanskich.net