[pct-l] Silk Liners verses Extra Down

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 13:36:02 CST 2012

For the next season of thru-hikers debating which sleeping bag or sleeping system to buy... please go to a store and actually compare the sleeping bag you will use for your hike before you purchase.  I recommend laying out the 30, 20 and 15 degree bags (same high fill power, I recommend 850+ fill) next to each other.  Note the weight differences between the bags, and measure and compare the height (loft) between bags, lay on top and inside the the bags, compare quality (stitching etc.).  You will feel the difference and be able to make a more educated choice based on weight, insulation properties, quality and cost.

Paul

HikeThru.com
PocketPCT