[pct-l] Heavier Sleeping Bag versus Lighter Sleeping Bag & Extra Clothing

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jan 6 20:05:12 CST 2012

I've never had any trouble with down getting wet. Out west it's not
as wet as back east. But even when it has been wet, maybe I've just
been lucky, but the outside of my bag has been wet, I've been fairly
wet for whatever reason, but the down has stayed dry enough and warm
enough and there's always been enough sun to dry things out the next
day and get it fluffy again, even if it was just one little hour of sun.

Here's another option if you have the courage:
http://asthecrowflies.org/2011/03/28/home-modified-0-degree-quilt/