[pct-l] Grey Wolf in CA

Emily Hargreaves ozzyemm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 12:14:55 CST 2012

We live in the Eastern Sierra Nevadas, near Chester. My husband almost hit
a wolf several years ago (3-4 yrs) as it was crossing the highway chasing a
deer.  The wolf met up with another wolf shortly after, so there were at
least two near Portola, about 3-4 years ago.  We know what coyotes and wild
dogs look like, and both he and his passenger confirmed they were wolves.
So, they have been around the area for awhile now.  At this point, I would
treat them just like any other wild animal.  I wouldn't want the animal to
get close enough to try to stab it with a knife, and injured animals tend
to be more willing to attack.  JMO, though.

Emily
GORP (giver of rides person)
Message: 22