[pct-l] Marmots at the trail junction

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Jan 6 20:55:12 CST 2012

Yoshi,
Take Brick's word...there are marmots at the junction...lots of them...and they love hiker food
and, as many careless hikers have found out, do not hesitate to chew a hole in your pack to get
that food.
I have been up there many times and have seen them every time.
Just because you do not see them, does not mean they are not there.
Sometimes they are hiding under rocks just waiting for you to turn your back.

BTW...marmots do not need a permit....visitors need a permit.

Ooohhh, for your information Yoshi,...marmots just LOVE  "Japanese Noodles".

I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN KNOWING THAT.

JMT Reinhold