[pct-l] maps and books

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 15:43:19 CST 2012

Hello Alicia -

The mileage in my book comes from the PCTA.  Since the PCTA is the
organization which protects the trail, I chose to link my book to the PCTA
Data Book.

If the PCTA Data Book ever ceases to exist, I will coordinate the mileage
in my book with Halfmile's maps.  Halfmile and I already work together
sharing information regarding trail re-routes and resupply information.
 Information regarding re-route mileage (which alters the PCTA mileage) is
noted within the text of my book.

In the last few years, Halfmile's maps have become the gold standard for
PCT thru-hikers.  I highly recommend that all PCT thru-hikers use
Halfmile's maps.  They are far superior to any other PCT map set.

I never have and never will consider partnering with Postholer.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com