[pct-l] replacement for Montrail Hardrocks

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:26:38 CST 2012

I used Montrail, Sabino Trails, on my thru and this year again, when I
re-hiked WA.  Not one blister, even when I had to wear little girl cotton
socks for days out of Sierra City when my real socks finally turned to
shreds.  I should have replaced them at Tahoe, but forgot and was stuck
with the only socks they had in the little store in Sierra City.  Dumb!
They lasted about 8 hours per pair.  It was like wearing a bit of rag on my
foot, but the Sabinos were so comfortable, and wide in the toe, I didn't
get blisters and finally got new socks from the hiker box at the Williams'
at Buck Lake.  I saw a lot of Sabinos on the trail in WA this year and
never a bad word about them.

The crazy things that happen.  I still can't believe I wore out those girl
socks so quick.

Shroomer