[pct-l] Bickering

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:07:54 CST 2012

Here is a little secret about maps -  all the options out there will work
just fine.

The guide books , half-miles, postholers, eric the blacks, etc.

Every option out there has been sucessfully used by thru hikers before
you  .... and they have made it from
Campo to Manning (or vice versa).

It's not the gear the gets you there (maps is gear by my definition).

While I have a preference for maps to be a certain way I would have no
problem with doing the PCT with any of the above mentioned sources - of
which I have used 3 of the 4 at various times in my thru hike due to the
post office lossing one of my pacakges which contained many of my maps - so
I was forced to beg and borrow maps from whereever I could get them.

Enjoy your hike - don't let the pre hike worries get too great.   The trail
is a wonderful experience and you'll laugh at yourself for all your pre
hike worries - at least once you get through the Sierra's.

Day-Late