[pct-l] Do you plan?

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Jan 13 14:34:20 CST 2012

Good afternoon, Sir Mixalot,

Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower said, “I have always found that plans are
useless, but planning is indispensable.”  I have PCT preparation pretty
well figured out and I could leave to hike on about an hour’s notice, but
every time I plan anyway.

Consistent with what Eisenhower said, planning is important to me even if
nothing changes before the hike and if everything changes after the hike
begins.  Planning pushes me to consider options, try new things, challenge
beliefs, and be prepared to react and change; but mostly I just enjoy the
planning process.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/