[pct-l] Wind farms crossing PCT at Cameron Canyon and Kelso

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Jan 13 14:34:49 CST 2012

On Jan 13, 2012, at 3:18 PM, Timothy Nye wrote:

> Windfarms are an economic business.  They are being subsidized in many
> ways.  This allows well connected developers to erect them at below market
> cost and with a guarenteed purchaser or the resulting power.

A viable business doesn't need tax dollars.  On the other hand there are
plenty of dumb ideas that suddenly become reasonable and even desirable
as soon as someone discovers that the taxpayer will pay for it--even if
no one else will.

As much as I'd like to think that people won't take advantage of Washington's
stupidity I know they will. The problems lie in Washington and in our state
capitals where politicians happily oblige the pigs when they oink about
needing a bigger trough.

Radar