[pct-l] Quick initial review of the ZPacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket

John Abela abela at johnabela.com
Mon Jan 16 01:03:16 CST 2012

Hey All,

I just got back from a hike on which I got to experience rain, snow
and hail all in a matter of a few hours - made all the much more odd
in that it has not rain for more than about three days here in the
Redwoods for the last five months.

The hike allowed me the chance to pull out the "ZPacks Waterproof
Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket" and give it a try. So, I figured
it was time to write up an initial review article on it.

http://hikelighter.com/2012/01/15/zpacks-waterproof-breathable-cuben-fiber-rain-jacket/

Gotta say, I am very very impressed with this jacket. Far from cheap
(but what good rain jacket is cheap) but at 135 grams (4.76 oz) for my
large size it is the second lightest rain jacket I have ever used (the
lightest of which is the ZPacks rain jacket made of non breathable
cuben fiber).

Anyway if you are one of those looking to do the PCT in 2012 and have
some extra pocket change (ok, maybe a lot of it) and want to score
yourself a sub 5 ounce rain jacket that utterly rocks, I think this is
going to be the one you want to buy!

Now if only it would start raining again... I want to go hike in the
rain some more!!

John B. Abela
www.HikeLighter.Com