[pct-l] Stoves

tom aterno nitnoid1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 16:06:58 CST 2012

Yes, the Post Office rules state that the maximum size cylinder (canister) that can be shipped is 4 oz.  ORM-D is the designation for ground shipment of a hazardous substance and a label containing ORM-D must be attached to the package.

I shipped a few canisters for a 2010 PCT thru hiker.  Be aware that there are a few postal employees who are not familiar with the rules, and they balked at accepting the package.  When I found the few employees who knew the rules, I only did business with them.

The Incredible Bulk