[pct-l] Kahtoola microspikes and luna sandals

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 18 07:48:55 CST 2012

I tried Kahtoolas on Mt. Baldy. Traversing a steep slope I did not like the way they rolled underfoot. If I thought I would need traction
in snow, I'd rather carry a pair of aluminum crampons. YMMV HYOH, etc, etc, wow.

Gary

---- Jim & Jane Moody <moodyjj at comcast.net> wrote:

He's not the only one.  Last year I got "destablized" crossing Miller Creek. When I got to shore a ways downstream, I was missing one shoe (and one trekking pole, but that's another story).

I went about 2 or 3 days to Donner Pass with one shoe and one Croc.  Where necessary, I used microspikes on the Croc.  You do what you gotta do.
Mango