[pct-l] Evil possessed demons on the deadly Warner Loop

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 10:09:25 CST 2012

Yes, Warner Springs Monty has once again reminded me of the dangers of infamous Warner Spring PCT loop.  This is the trail around this small community and is mountain lion central for staking backpackers.  Many other large mammals roam this area too.  Mountain Lion tracks are common in this area.

Only the most professional PCT hiker will brave this loop around Warner Springs.  The reward is walking past the famous Clinton C. Clarke tree at campsite #22.  This is one of or the largest oak tree on the PCT.  It is spectacular.  I stumbled across it years ago and promptly named it as right of discovery.

Your obedient servant,

Switchback the Trail Pirate
"May the forest be with you."