[pct-l] Mountain House #10 tins - breaking them up into, zip locks?

Ken White kenwhite64 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:08:23 CST 2012

I've used a vacuum sealer when breaking up #10 tins and have had no issues. I even spaced a few over the winter and they were fine early the next season. I use a vacuum sealer as it allows me to combine different types of freeze dried food to boost the protein content as well as adding spices to change the taste. Having my own customized meals is a pleasant addition the store food when I resupply.

I use 3x5 inch ziplocks for single servings of hydrophilic powders and have found them to work over a ten day hike. I've had them in resupply boxes for a month and they are still good when I open them. The trick is to open them only once.

Ken

Message: 22