[pct-l] Pot Cleaning

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Jan 19 15:53:35 CST 2012

“Your pot also gets sterilized each time you fire up your stove, whereas the
foil pouch doesn't.

As for cleaning pots, I scrape as much food as possible with my spoon, add
water, scrape some more, drink water, repeat until clean.  I keep a bandana
with my pot for a final wipe of pot and spoon.  The bandanna gets washed in
town.

I don't use soap on the pot nor do I throw out the water used to
scrape/clean
in order to practice leave-no-trace where I'm cooking.  Some hikers seem
to have a hard time with the 'drink the water' but it is exactly what I
just ate with dinner, just more water, so it doesn't bother me.”       Radar

Good afternoon, All,

I also use the method described by Radar, except I add a disinfecting step
because most of my “cooking” doesn’t involve boiling water.  See it at:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=166296

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/