[pct-l] Mountain House #10 tins - breaking them up into zip locks?

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 09:16:22 CST 2012

You can pour boiling water into ziplock FREEZER bags.  They have to be the freezer type. The regular ziplocs are too thin.  And buy a brand name one (zip loc or glad) b/c the off brands aren't as good.  They do not contain BPA.

There are several types of "cozys" (which is what you are describing to put the bag in to insulate it) available.  Even a padded bubble envelope will work.  As will your wool/fleece hat. Just be careful not to spill!

As for the Mountain house question, I can't answer that.  I eat real food. :)

~Dicentra (the food nerd)

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra