[pct-l] Delorme inReach satellite two-way texting -- review

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Fri Jan 20 19:42:28 CST 2012

In case of an earthquake or tsunami disabling area wide communications, the
recommended method is to have one designated contact outside the area to
spread the word to all the rest of your family and friends there. In a
disaster as big as this all functioning public communication channels will
probably be very busy with everybody in the area trying to contact others
outside the area and vice-versa.

During the tsunami alert for my area last year and before the estimated
arrival of the first waves I sent an email to my family back east and
others. I also posted an status on Facebook.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.