[pct-l] Rain jacket

ben.shackelford at nomadventures.com ben.shackelford at nomadventures.com
Mon Jan 23 18:50:17 CST 2012

    I just wore my Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket along with the pants
on a short (5 hour hike) from the town of Idyllwild to just short of
Taquitz Peak in a rainstorm from 6500' to 8100'elevation (9 miles
round trip) . I did not remove the jacket or pants for the entire hike
from rain into snow and back again, post hole after post hole. I
managed to feel fairly dry even while sweating quite a bit. I wore the
jacket with a Patagonia Hooded Down Sweater and couple layers of thin
Icebreaker wool (150 and 260 weight) under it. I found my sweat had
evaporated after descending an hour or so even without use of my pit
zips. Although it is not the lightest thing on the market at 13.1 oz,
I found the breathability and durability of the new Patagonia H2NO
fabric quite impressive.