[pct-l] Rain Jackets

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 12:39:30 CST 2012

Maybe I'm too old of a thru-hiker and haven't kept up on the development of rain gear, but why are Frogg Toggs not even mentioned in these discussions on the list and on a recent review of rain gear on backpackinglight.com? They, in my experience, are light weight, waterproof, breathable and yep, they're a bit delicate, but hell, for the cost of some of these other high tech jackets, you can buy two or three sets of jacket and pants of Frogg Toggs.

I wore my Frogg Toggs to work this week, during a heavy rain storm here and got lot's of "what is that?" No one believes that they are waterproof until you put your sleeve under a faucet and it stays completed dry inside. Next test; the shower!

Greg Hummel

“My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”
								― Dalai Lama XIV