[pct-l] Rest Periods During A Thru-Hike

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Jan 24 18:48:29 CST 2012

Powerhike? Scheduled breaks? WTF?

Walk when you feel like it.

Stop when you don't,
or when you see something you want to look at,
or when you get to water and want to refill you bottle and rinse off
the trail dust.
or want to make a meal
or sleep.

And it is zero days in towns that make a hike take too long, not time
sitting by a high alpine lake enjoying the incredible beauty.

All IMHO, HYOH, YMMV