[pct-l] Phones and other issues

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Jan 24 20:56:32 CST 2012

On my multi-day jaunts for the last several years I've carried my cell
phone. I can turn it on and attempt to be in communication with the world
or turn it off. I'm in control of the phone and my experience.

Since I often hike solo the phone give me a little security in case of
accident, etc. It is also handy to rendezvous with rides. And pay phone
have almost disappeared so even in towns the phone comes in handy.

It's hike your own hike and decide for yourself.  My 2¢

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.