[pct-l] knee injured, a little advice?

Clay Lemar claylemar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:15:28 CST 2012

Hello PCT-Lers,

I am in trouble, I think, and would appruciate some advice. Its my right
knee. I have never had problems with it before. It is currently swollen
(internal swelling) just below the knee cap, in the past two days the
swelling (tenderness without pain) has spread down my shin. Nearing the
end of today it is certainly swollen, warm, and tingingling.

I injured my knee three months ago playing soccer. I slide takled a friend
with nearly all of my weight directly on my knee cap. Intense and deep
brusing, hobbling around the house, and trouble sleeping for three nights.
It went away. Three weeks that same knee started going numb and warm as I
went about my day. I was anxious at first, now I am worried. Two weeks ago
a little swelling. Now a lot of swelling, heat, and numbness. I am hobbling
(out of worry not pain) and standing with all of my weight on my left leg.

I want to leave in April or May, and I am biting my nails beacuse if this
happened on trail I am pretty sure it would have stopped me. Does anybody
have exprience with healing a deep bruise or other knee problem like this?

Advice appruciated, encoragments more so!

Thank you,

clay lemar
petaluma california