[pct-l] Water, mosquitoes

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Jan 26 19:30:45 CST 2012

The 26th of what? April? That's pretty early still. People used to
start their hikes in May. I started in May in a moderate rain year.
The weather was fine.

Mosquitoes will be there regardless. You'll get them a day or two
north of Kennedy Meadows and they'll be your friends for a nice long
while after that. You may see them rarely once in a while in So Cal,
but not enough to really be a problem. If you get to Oregon in July,
prepare for an onslaught. They wane sometime in August.

Diane