[pct-l] Trail closures

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 20:29:51 CST 2012

As far as Oregon closures are there are no active wildfires in Oregon. Some parts of the trail may still be officially closed as they have not been assessed for damage and wont be until after the winter is over. I can directly speak to the area north of Mt Hood, I can't recall the name of the late summer fire, but the fire only came close to the PCT. Trail 600 the trail around Mt Hood was damaged but is expected to open this year. So I would stay tuned for updates in the late spring early summer. These closures were by the US Forest service.

Hiking Irish.