[pct-l] Kearsarge Pass

Greg Bull g9bull at q.com
Fri Jan 27 17:11:41 CST 2012

I dropped a resupply package in a bearbox at Kearsarge Lakes prior to my
2010 JMT thru hike.  It was still there when I arrived, much to my
relief.  After starting on the JMT I learned that food can only be left
in a bearbox for a few days (something like 5, but I can't remember for
sure).  I was afraid my food drop would be confiscated by a ranger but
it didn't happen.  I attached a note saying I was a JMT thru hiker with
an estimated date of arrival.  Another risk you have is small creatures
getting into the box and dining on your food.  This happened to me but
it only ate a little of my Grandmas Chocolate Chip cookie.  Also,
someone added more food to my stash so I actually ended up with more
than what I had dropped off.

Greg Bull