[pct-l] Use of TH Bear Boxes

Jeff Eckert jape1 at cox.net
Fri Jan 27 19:20:10 CST 2012

It has always been a desire of mine to see a mountain lion au natural.  So far in my hiking life I have seen one.  We were driving up to Onion Valley, the lion was coming down.
We must have had the right-of-way as the cat decided discretion was the better part of valor, and baled off the side of the road.  We stopped, got out, and had a stare down session with the cat who was been then skulking behind some bushes.

thanks for the memory trigger <g>

eckert

On Jan 27, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Hootie Martin wrote:

> Wandering Bob wrote:
>

> <snip>
> Incidentally, the access road to Onion Valley is a very steep, curvy asphalt
> snake. Drive it slowly and carefully. You would never want to walk it, even
> downhill.
<snip>