[pct-l] April hike

Mary Davison pastormaryd at msn.com
Sun Jan 29 22:32:03 CST 2012

Thomas Kazmierski,

Whichever trail you decide on, have a wonderful time! I suspect you are a
much younger and faster hiker than I am so hiking together would probably
not work too well. I am also only a long section hiker, not a thru. But for
what its worth, I am also a "retired" PCV, albeit from many years ago
(Turkey 1965-67) and I will be starting the CDT April 1. (April Fool's Day -
I think there is something rather appropriate about that.) On AT or PCT you
will meet many people, possibly retired Peace Corps Volunteers - I have met
a few over the years on both trails. But PCVs or not, you will meet
wonderful people and some will become lifelong friends. There won't be as
many people on the CDT so if you want company your best bets are AT or PCT.
Happy hiking.

Medicare Pastor