[pct-l] JMT in September

Mike Welch encinomw at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 19:04:36 CST 2012

Gabe,  That's a great time to hike the JMT.  The bugs will have died off and trail will be snow free.  You'll still have warm days, but cold nights and there will be fewer people on the trail.  Stock up on water at Guitar Lake for your ascent of Whitney.  Don't count on any water till you reach Trail Camp on the other side.  Generally, snow storms don't hit till late October, but you must be prepared for inclement weather as anything can happen at any time at that altitude.  mountain mike