[pct-l] PCT Maintenance Opportunities with WTA

North 350 Blades north350blades at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:03:03 CST 2012

Hello everyone.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Even though its the middle
of winter, our thoughts are on summer already.  We're looking forward to
another great year of hiking and taking care of the Pacific Crest Trail
here in Washington.

Our good friends at Washington Trails Association (WTA) recently posted
their 2012 back country trail maintenance schedule.  Included in the list
are several that will be on the Pacific Crest Trail.  They will have a full
selection of events to choose from, in addition to our own North 350 Blades
events (stay tuned - we'll be announcing our scheduled events soon, we just
had a meeting with our PCTA Regional Representative to lay out the schedule
and projects).  Working together, we can help insure the PCT in Washington
is maintained to a standard befitting a National Scenic Trail.

WTA will offer several BCRT log out trips, a youth volunteer vacation, a
college age volunteer vacation and 5 regular volunteer vacations on the PCT
in Washington.  Areas include Agnes Creek (Stehekin) in the north all the
way south to the Indian Heaven Wilderness (near Mt Adams) and many in
between.

Registration for the WTA events opens on February 6th.  Until then,
everything shows as "full" - don't worry,on the 6th, they'll open up
(although the most popular trips typically fill quickly - don't hesitate to
sign up as soon as registration opens if you see something you really want
to do).  Go to www.wta.org and look under the "Volunteer" drop down for a
full listing of the volunteer vacations, youth volunteer vacations and the
back country response team (BCRT) trips under the respective selections.

Barry
North 350 Blades

--
Facebook : *North 350 Blades*