[pct-l] Giardia Lamblia - Excellent informative article by Robert L. Rockwell, Phd

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Mon Jul 2 22:37:47 CDT 2012

The point of the article is that water was not likely to be the source
of your Giardia infection.

I'll second this.  I just spent 10 days circumambulating the Ritter
Range out of Tuolumne and didn't filter water once.   I drank out of
almost every stream we crossed, including those pouring out of lakes.

It's been a couple weeks and no giardia symptoms.  This is an anecdote.
No basis in science or any other frame other than my own experience.

i remember when the whole giardia scare emerged - it was pretty obvious
it was a way to sell water filters.  I didn't understand how the
unfiltered/treated water I'd been drinking in the wilderness since the
early 60s was suddenly rife with organisms wanting to give me intense
diarrhea.

Jeffrey Olson
Santa Rosa, CA/Rapid City, SD