[pct-l] info needed re hiking JMT/PCT Kearsarge pass north to South lake Sept 1...

Linda Jagger lindajagger at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 00:40:09 CDT 2012

Hello, 3 of us are going to hike JMT/PCT Kearsarge Pass north to South lake
beginning Sept 1. I've hiked bits of PCT in CA, WA but not this area. We live in CO and are avid hikers of high peaks and other trails there. We have never done a hike in this part of PCT.  We plan to do 6 days, 10
mi/day. We want to carry as light as possible, packs less than 30 lb
total?? I believe other than the access trail from Kearsarge pass &
South lake we will be doing 40 mi of JMT which is also PCT. Is that
right? We know that bears are an issue and will have our bear
cannisters. What other general information can you hikers pass on? What
are typical temps-lows and highs? Is it true that most likely we are not likely to encounter thunderstorms and rain? I believe we are almost
entirely w/in Kings Canyon NP--correct?? Of course we have our permit, etc. We have not been on the PCT digest in several years.
Thanks for any info provided.