[pct-l] Harts Pass SOBO

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 22:49:21 CDT 2012

Wayne wrote:

I am planning to start at Harts Pass SOBO the first week in August however,
I am getting vary anxious.
I saw that there was 33 inches of snow at Harts Pass on June 26 and read
about other SOBO hikers bailing because of the heavy snow and deep stream
crossings.

I would expect that things would be pretty good around here by the first
week of August.  We finally slipped into summer on July 5th and temperatures
at Snoqualmie Pass , for example, are going to be in the mid to upper 70s
over the next week at least.  Three or four weeks of summer weather is going
to make a HUGE difference.  There may still be patches of snow here and
there but I wouldn't expect it to be a huge challenge.  This prediction
comes with absolutely no warrantees, yada yada yada.

Eric