[pct-l] Washington Portion Only - Timing - Dog

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Jul 10 14:56:51 CDT 2012

Good afternoon, Christopher,

There’s time for such a hike finishing in early August but it would
probably be best to hike northbound (NoBo) from the Columbia River for
several reasons:  1) The snow will be out earlier in S. Washington, 2) S.
Washington is less remote than the North Cascades, 3) The terrain in S.
Washington is less challenging for someone just starting a long hike, and,
4) Crossing the U.S. border south on the PCT is almost impossible to do
legally, and starting from the U.S. side is a logistics problem with miles
of trail backtracking.

I don't know of anyplace where dogs aren't allowed, with the possible
exception of about 15 miles of North Cascades Nat'l. Park near Stehekin.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/