[pct-l] Chinook Pass to Snoqualmie Pass: How ugly is it?

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 15:37:00 CDT 2012

Dear Carl,

Wow, I forgot to mention that the only real shelter on the PCT in Washington is in this section--the palatial cabin at Olallie Meadows (not to be confused with Oregon's Olallie Meadows).  This is a great spot to spend the night in bad weather (if you don't mind mice) and there is an outhouse!

Again, the logged areas are typically filled with young trees which don't yet block the territorial views--a vast improvement over freshly scarred logging.  I found the entire area more beautiful than many parts of Oregon, but can make no further comparisons as I've only seen the top third of the PCT.

Sincerely Lollygag