[pct-l] sleeping pads

Chris Anderson srhspaded at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 17:30:49 CDT 2012

I was going through yogi's book and noticed that she mentioned she replaces her sleeping pad approx. every 45 days....is this the normal wear on sleeping pads?  My pad still looks fine and has done me fine for 2 years of intermittent backpacking trips (probably close to 60 days)... do people normally have to replace sleeping pads during their thru-hike?
-Chris Anderson

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat!