[pct-l] Salmonella-In Tahoe Recovering

jakebaechle jakebaechle at gmx.com
Sun Jul 15 18:42:01 CDT 2012

Hey Everyone,
This is Jack-y-Bean. I somehow managed to get what we believe is salmonella poisoning while on the trail. After seeing a doctor we're pretty confident that it isn't giardia because it started with a strong fever & set in quickly. Also, my girlfriend, Little Dipper, drinks the same filtered water as I do, & she doesn't have any symptoms yet.

Anyway, we were fortunate enough to make it off the trail & back to South Lake Tahoe due to some incredible trail angels, but now we are stuck here for the next 3-4 days waiting for the symptoms to subside. Unfortunately paying for 4 extra nights of hotels may financially ruin our chances of finishing this hike... Does anyone know of a trail angel in the area that might be able to lend us a couch or floor? I promise to wash my hands & your bathroom so there is no risk of anyone else getting sick.
Thanks in advance!
Jack-y-Bean

--
jakebaechle<jakebaechle at gmx.com> sent by ibisMail!