[pct-l] Need planning advice

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 17:59:51 CDT 2012

Unless you plan on doing mail drops, you can do most of your planning on
the trail  if you have Halfmile maps, Yogi's book and Asabat's water
report.  You can even do your planning for mail drops on the trail if you
have the right kind of person providing support.

As far as timing goes, I cut my estimated miles per day in half if I'm
going to be walking on snow.

I'd work more on fine tuning your gear and experience with that gear, and
getting into shape so you can enjoy the early parts of your hike.  Do lots
of walking so you figure out what you like in shoes, and maybe you'll even
find the perfect shoe for your feet.