[pct-l] Resupply Conundrum

Greg Mikol greg.mikol at ieee.org
Wed Jul 18 20:40:54 CDT 2012

> Hi All!
> I'm looking for a place to resupply between Cascade Locks and Trout Lake-
> I've been using http://www.planyourhike.com and the options between those
> two points are looking pretty grim.  Any advice?  Thanks!
> Pockets

It's only 89 miles from Cascade Locks to Road 23, which is certainly a
reasonable distance between resupplies, unless your pace is quite slow.

I think the Stabler store is closed, so you could hitch into Carson when
you cross Wind River Road (Cascade Locks + 34 miles). There's a small
grocery store right next to the Post Office.

Or, you could road walk from Cascade Locks to Panther Creek Campground
to cut off some miles (about 15), and then resupply in Stevenson or Carson.

You could get a long hitch from Road 60 crossing (Cascade Locks + 51
miles), or Road 24 (Cascade Locks + 68 miles). But getting back to the
trail might be more difficult with those. It also makes the next stretch
to White Pass just as long as the stretch you're trying to shorten.

Hope that helps a little bit.

--Greg