[pct-l] PCT map for gps

Ron Cluster rcluster at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 23:59:15 CDT 2012

Yoshihiro,

It is true that pdf maps cannot be uploaded into a GPS but....

Halfmile has on his site a transparent overlay of the PCT as well as all of his waypoints, both of which are designed to be uploaded into an appropriate GPS. Works excellent. I followed his instructions, also on his website, a couple of days ago and my Garmin GPSMap 60CSx now has a trace of the entire PCT overlaying the Garmin topo map, as well as all of his waypoints which of course correspond perfectly to his pdf maps. Perfect!

Ron Cluster
Snowplow