[pct-l] Opposite Day

Ken Murray kmurray at pol.net
Sun Jul 22 10:40:23 CDT 2012

Bob, you may think the underlying topic of hikers leaving seemingly insulting and disparaging messages in the logs of trail businesses is trivial and beneath your level for discussion, but pardon others for thinking otherwise.

It is an on-topic issue, it is timely, and potentially affects all hikers.  Undoubtedly your post about Wandering Bobs settles the entire issue, and all discussion should stop.  Perhaps others feel otherwise, and in a community your order to stop carries no weight.

Austin, I'm not sure why you persist in the concept that frat-boy destructive practices are just peachy, as long as you think they are funny.  Trashing a trail business (which is what it is, when others do not "get" your message) is serious business, that affects most hikers that come behind.

Trashing people, because they don't have your frat-boy trash game mentality (it's a childs game...are you a child?) rarely wins support.  Several people have already posted that they never heard of your little game.

I find it interesting that you find my example "over the top", but think that any use you make of the tool to attack a vendor is just fine.  I'm sure that someone in the vendors family who views that entry who also doesn't know the "game" would be made to feel like crap by it.  Your response to that is to call them names and demean their intelligence.

It makes me think of the people who take a crap in the middle of the trail, because it is "funny".

Ha. Ha.