[pct-l] WA trail conditions

Blanchard, Sym SWB3 at pge.com
Tue Jul 24 18:19:02 CDT 2012

Greg,

Thanks so much for your wonderful hospitality and encouragement from you and the trail crew!  You guys are super!!

Sleeping Ninja and I were able to get through Mt. Adams successfully with my iPhone GPS, his great trail sense, and three other trekkers Breeze, Chimichanga, and Juan Pablo who gave us great foot prints to follow.   We started to get lost a few times, but Guthook's App saved the day.

We heard that the cornice at Goat Rocks had melted away, but Sleeping Ninja and I had all we could take from snow.  So we did a road walk from around 2260 to Packwood.

I am now recovering from minor surgery performed by the local medical clinic for an infected hangnail.  I hope to be back on the trail at White Pass by Friday.  Sleeping Ninja will be back on by sometime next week.

Thanks again!!
Symbiosis

Message: 9