[pct-l] Shoes?

Cat Gunderson cathi at cathigunderson.com
Wed Jul 25 06:33:21 CDT 2012

I am also planning my 2013 thru-hike and have the same question regarding
shoes. My favorite hiking shoes are Salomon XA 3D Ultra 2 but I'm not sure
if they will still be my favorites after a few hundred miles!  Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Cat

i'm wondering what people tend to do regarding purchase/sizing of shoes for
the pct? do you start out of campo with shoes 1 size larger than normal and
"hike into them" size-wise? did most of you purchase 5 of a favorite shoe
before starting the trail? were they 1 size larger than you normally wear?
i'm trying to make the shoe aspect as inexpensive as possible... thank you
in advance for the always helpful info.

trail nameless mike